TOOTH EXTRACTIONS IN MANTON, MI
Dental extractions near you are common dental procedures often performed on teeth that dentists cannot salvage via other means. Here at Brite White Dental, we only recommend removing a tooth as a last resort after exploring other possible treatments. Our dentist near you has extensive experience performing simple and surgical extractions in Manton, MI.
If you’d like to have your tooth extracted, please contact our dentist in Manton, MI, today.
Reasons for Dental Extraction
Dr. White may recommend tooth removal if:
- You have an irreparably decayed tooth.
- You have loose teeth due to periodontal disease.
- You have crowded teeth. Removing some teeth leaves room for the others to shift during orthodontic treatment.
- You have a milk tooth that’s in the way of a permanent tooth.
- You have impacted teeth.
- You have a tooth that poses a high risk for infection. Such a tooth can be significantly problematic, especially if you’re about to undergo chemotherapy or organ transplant surgery. Extracting such a tooth eliminates this risk.
What to Expect
Our dentist near you may perform a simple or surgical extraction depending on your needs. Simple extractions are performed on easily accessible teeth. To extract a tooth non-surgically, Dr. White begins by numbing the tooth. Next, the tooth is loosened from its socket using a dental elevator and then removed from the socket by forceps. After removing the tooth from its socket, a gauze pad is placed on the extraction site to minimize bleeding.
Surgical extractions near you have additional surgical steps. Our dentist in Cadillac, MI, makes an incision in your gums to access the tooth to perform the surgical extraction. After reaching the tooth, the dentist divides it into different sections to facilitate easier removal. After each piece is removed, the incision is sutured. Surgical extractions in Manton, MI, are mainly preferred for impacted or severely worn teeth.
Schedule A Consultation
Are you battling a troublesome tooth? Contact Brite White Dental to find out if dental extraction is suitable for you.