Teeth Whitening in Manton, MI
Stained or discolored teeth can lead to self-confidence challenges. Fortunately, you can do something about your stained smile. Here at Brite White Dental, we offer professional teeth whitening in Manton, MI to help you combat tooth staining and discoloration. We’re committed to helping you feel better about your smile and do so through advanced teeth whitening solutions.
To find out if teeth whitening is right for you, please reach out to our dentist near you.
Causes of Tooth Discoloration
Tooth discoloration is categorized into two: extrinsic and intrinsic discoloration. Extrinsic discoloration affects the tooth enamel and occurs when teeth come in contact with staining substances. Intrinsic discoloration affects the tooth’s inner layers and may be caused by silver fillings, certain medications, trauma, etc.
Extrinsic stains respond better to teeth whitening near you. Our dentist near you will likely recommend other alternatives, e.g., veneers, crowns, and bonding if you have intrinsic stains.
Some habits that can heighten your risk of tooth discoloration include:
- Poor oral hygiene
- Overindulgence in staining beverages e.g., coffee, tea, red wine
- Smoking or chewing tobacco
Genetics, aging, and disease are other risk factors that can lead to stained teeth.
Teeth Whitening Treatment Steps
Teeth whitening in Manton, MI allows you to complete your smile makeover within a single appointment. Here’s what happens during your teeth whitening visit:
- Dr. White records the shade of your smile to determine the extent of whitening required and for comparison purposes.
- Next, our dentist in Manton, MI cleans your teeth to remove plaque and food debris.
- The dentist protects your lips and gums using a lip retractor and gingival barrier, respectively.
- Next, the dentist applies the whitening product to your teeth. Then, the dentist rinses and reapplies the whitening agent as many times as is required to achieve the correct shade of white.
- After the final rinse, our dentist in Manton, MI applies fluoride varnish to your teeth to safeguard against heightened sensitivity.
After whitening your teeth, Dr. White gives you a list of aftercare instructions to help you keep your teeth whiter and brighter for longer.
Schedule Your Smile Makeover
Are you ready to transform your smile through teeth whitening in Manton, MI? Then, reach out to Brite White Dental today, and let’s get started on your smile makeover.